GatherX GatherX

I left the game running for a bit...let the workers gather etc. 9 hours...finally finished it and was sorely disappointed to find that there was no ending...just some text and the option to keep playing.

I would've liked at least another graphic like what was shown to you in the beginning. No real satisfaction for finishing the game.

Some basic critiques I suppose would be that the fish menu should've been on the right instead of the left as you spend most of your time in the ore menu so having to skip over every time you open the backpack made that memorable.

Other than that...the music and art and everything seemed fairly well done. I'm just very disappointed in the ending is all.

Coolboyman responds:

It absolutely should have had an ending. Your basic critiques make sense, thank you.

Saciedy Saciedy

Wait...you can put content in a flash game that can only be seen via zooming in?!

Y2k4ever responds:

Its possible when you import a large picture and ,without breaking it apart, shrink it so the pixels will not be distorted, but they will appear that way when on the general screen.

Knightmare Tower Knightmare Tower

It's roughly the same premise as your Burrito Bison game but that's not stopped me from sinking just as much time into playing it. I rather like the simplicity of JuicyBeast games and the happy music...

Good Stuff!

Spell Sword Beta Spell Sword Beta

I'll admit this probably took some effort to compile and get the collisions working correctly and that you obviously have a handle on stencyl.

I will say that using the free template graphics from the marketplace is a good start but I'd love to see more original graphics later. Also the resolution for this post is a tad too tall, it all get's cut off a bit.

Break The Blocks! Break The Blocks!

stencyldemo

I don't think it's appropriate to respond angrily to people critiquing your work, specially since you didn't actually create this.

XtremeExpress1 responds:

i did, i added more levels!

Run And Gun Run And Gun

Stencylworks demo game

I don't believe it's good practice to post demo games from development packages into the portal. (Stencyl . com) I've used this demo and even replaced all the art for it but I don't feel even my test with replacement art is good enough for the portal.

XtremeExpress1 responds:

i added more levels! SHUT UP STOP COMMENTING ON MY GAMES

DigiWoog Disaster (Woogi) DigiWoog Disaster (Woogi)

Animation quality change

I was first taken aback by the simplicity of the lines and lack of textures for the intro animations, but then the game started and the artwork seemed to upgrade a bit. This might be just me noticing this and it's not really a big deal. Overall it looks ok, the sound recording for the main character seemed like it had a tiny bit of echo as well, again not too noticeable.

overall good stuff!

Merry Schmess Frenzy Merry Schmess Frenzy

Argh sound

I noticed there were a handful of christmas/santa games on your page and this one is by far my favorite. I don't think the sounds were reused much, I like the animation/sound when santa get's hit, sort of a charlie brown aarrgh sound. Good one!

I like the background, very subtle and not overdone, the animations fit the art style etc. The only thing I see is there didn't seem to be much in variety, like something else to do etc. Overall was done well though!

good stuff!

whileworking responds:

Thanks for the review! It's a honor that most of you like the style of this game. Gotta add more extras to the next games tho :)

Super Santa Kicker 2 Super Santa Kicker 2

clones

I like it! well thought out like another has said, more explanation as to why santa is being cloned might be good but doesn't appear to be needed.

Good stuff!

whileworking responds:

Thank you very much! Hmmn yeah, of course it's a gameplay thing here, I don't think it has to be explained as well ;)

Mouth Mouth

toe jam and earl

I love the style your showing so far in your submissions, everything from the art to the sound, the interface decisions, even the basic mechanics seem to be artistically chosen rather than settled on.

I titled this review as I was reminded of toe jam and earl by the crazy style and sounds, pursuit of hat reminded me of skullmonkeys and neverhood.

Keep up the good work!